Retail & Leisure Development
England & Lyle have specialist expertise and experience in retail and leisure planning and development for both private sector clients and local authorities. We have prepared numerous retail assessments for developers and retailers in support of planning applications for supermarkets, retail warehouses and retail parks, and commercial leisure projects.
We have a proven track record of advising local authorities on retail planning matters, including town centre and retail studies and reviews of retail assessments for planning applications. We have undertaken several studies for local authorities as part of the evidence base for their LDF preparation, and we have advised on a large number of development proposals to assist local authorities in decision-making. We have also helped clients in making objections to planning applications.
We provide specialist planning consultancy services for the retail and leisure sector in the following fields:
· town centre surveys and health checks
· analysis of shopping patterns
· retail need assessments
· leisure assessments
· sequential site assessments
· retail impact assessments and reviews
· town centre strategies
· market town appraisals
· advice on PPS4 policy issues for town centre uses
· preparation of planning applications and appeals
· expert witness for planning inquiries.